Thursday, October 3, 2019

Black #1!

I see a skeleton and I want to paint it black!
Yesterday's post about seeing Carpenter Brut open a show for Ministry has me wanting to relive the entire ear-bleeding glory of that amazing night last fall. When we last heard from Ministry on this blog (in 2014!), I thought I had missed my chance to ever see them perform. Their lead guitarist died of a heart attack onstage in 2012, and lead singer Al Jourgensen said the band wouldn't regroup again. 

Well never is a long time, and Ministry is not only back on tour, but they also have a new album out: AmeriKKKant. True to most other Ministry albums, it's a brutal assault on our current political landscape, so maybe a little too scary for our purposes here. Instead, we're going to hear from a 2010 album of remixes and covers called Everyday is Halloween: Greatest Tricks. On it, they put their rude and crude industrial disco stamp on such unlikely targets as "Rehab," "Sharp-Dressed Man," and today's song, "Paint It Black." While I'm not a huge Rolling Stones fan, when it's Ministry telling me to paint anything that will stand still long enough black, I'ma grab a brush. 

No comments:

Post a Comment