Monday, October 2, 2017

TV, Music, and Candy!

Still having some trouble poking my head out of the crypt, what with the world getting more frightening by the second and all. But luckily I've got all I need to survive and thrive right here--movies, candy, and Space Twins records!
B-side: "Headache"

The Space Twins were formed by Brian Bell, the guitarist for Weezer. They released a few singles in the 90s and one full length album in 2003, The End of Imagining. I first encountered them in the late 90s, when I purchased one of their 7" singles based purely on my love of the record's cover art. Turned out the music was great, too! 

The A-side of that record, "TV, Music, and Candy," has become one of my all-time favorite songs. It's not specifically Halloween, but it is about three of the things that make Halloween great. I plan to spend many an October evening cramming my eyeballs full of soothing horror films, my ears full of Halloween tunes, and my mouth full of candy corn and Reese's products.

So turn on your stereo and celebrate the irresistible pop of the Space Twins! They are here to wash away our fears, and even reassure the cows of a bright future.

No comments:

Post a Comment