Thursday, October 13, 2016

Bloodsucking vampire? Too bad, so sad.

I'll skip the blood today, thanks. Instead, I'm a sucker for any song that opens with a thunder storm, like "Black Sabbath" by Black Sabbath, "Dirty Black Summer" by Danzig, and today's song,"Keep on Runnin' (The Vampire Song)" by The Hot Toddies. All I know about this band is they're from Oakland, they're all women, and they wrote the poppiest song I've ever heard about a vampire. It even name checks Mary Poppins! That's more than enough for me. Besides, isn't it time we visit with some lady bloodsuckers again? The Hot Toddies haven't put out an album in a while (2013), but they're still playing shows here and there, so we can hope the future will bring more infectious songs about the heartsickening troubles that come with graveyard love.


No comments:

Post a Comment